You must have heard the name of Somalia country because everyone knows this country is a very poor country. This country is counted among the most failed countries. Today we are going to tell you the interesting facts about Somalia and the history of Somalia.
Amazing, History, Famous Fun Facts About Somalia For Tourists and Kids
Here is a list of Interesting and Unknown and omg facts about Somalia as well as In this article, you can also read some historical facts and general information about the Somalia such as facts about culture, history, government rule, total population of the Somalia.
- Somalia’s capital is “Mogadishu”.
- Somalia’s currency is “United State Dollar” and the spoken language is “Somali & Arabic”.
- Somalia’s area is 637,657 km².
- Most animals in the whole world live in Somalia.
- No Muslim can live in this country, because here the Islamic people have been banned from the seventh century.
- Somalia is one of the most populous countries in the whole continent of Africa.
- Samosa Food is banned in Somalia. Samosa has been banned just because it has three angles in Somalia.
- Malaria disease was first spread in Somalia and Somalia, people discovered it.
- The total population of Somalia is around 10.4 million. 34,000 of the total population of Somalia have HIV AIDS.
- Somalia has the highest population of in the continent entire Africa.
- According to the Foreign Policy magazine, Somalia has remained at the top of the list of the most failed countries for the last 3 years.
- The country’s first ATM in Somalia is in 2014. This Atm machine is in an expensive hotel. At this ATM, only US Dollars can be withdrawn. The economy of Somalia is very dismal and because of this, the banking sector is undeveloped here.
- In 2012, Somalia got its central government for the first time in 20 years. Its parliament was restored and it got a new constitution. Now guns have become silenced in Somalia. Strong voices of bomb blasts are slowing down. Peace in the country is returning. (source)
- Before 2000 in Somalia. Militia guns were the rule and mutual fighting of different cabs turned into a civil war.
- In this way, the United Nations peacekeeping force went to Mogadishu. The American army had to face a dangerous incident there.
- It was the day of October 4, 1993. The war between US Rangers and militia started.
- A militant militia leader, General Aidid’s fighters destroyed two big US helicopters in the capital Mogadishu, killing 18 American soldiers.
- The US administration was shocked by this. The incident of that day is remembered in the history of the American Army as a black day. In that war, nervous American soldiers launched indiscriminately firing, killing hundreds of common civilians. America called back its troops.
- Somalia went from one crisis to another crisis. Thousands of civilians were killed. Millions left the country.
- But now, Restaurants and Internet cafe are reopening in Mogadishu. Electricity is restored. The roads are rebuilt. Schools and colleges are reopening. Normal life is restored.
If you know any new things about Somalia then tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you.