Are you looking for lesser-known facts about Israel? Here is a collection of interesting and fun facts about Israel which You’ve Never Heard Before as well as you can also read general information about Israel such as about culture, history, government rule, etc.
Israel is surrounded by enemies from all sides. One thing about Israel is that if you want to learn patriotism then learn from Israel.Israel is the only country in the world where the majority of the population is Jewish.
Israel is a small country, but its military strength very strong. Informally it is said that Israel is a nuclear power-rich country.Today we will tell you interesting facts related to the Israel.
General Facts About Israel
- Total Population – 8.71 million (87.1 lakhs) (2017)
- Highest Mountain –Mount Hermon 2,236 m (7,336 ft)
- Total Area – 22,072 km²
- Largest Lake – Lake of Gennesaret
- National Day –14 May
- Currency – Israeli Shekel
- National Song – “Hatikvah”
- Capital – Jerusalem
Amazing Facts About Israel For Tourists and Kids
1. Israel is at number 1 in the domestic computer industry. Motorola company made the world’s first phone in Israel.
The puzzle voicemail technique was also developed in Israel. Not only this, the first Pentium chip for Microsoft was made in Israel.
According to the census conducted two years ago, the number of households in Israel is close to 2,411,700, an average of 3.32 people live in a family while 79 percent of the households have at least one person on the job. 81.3 percent of Israeli households have computers while 72.1 percent of people use the Internet.
2. The Israeli currency is “Israeli New Shekel” and the language is spoken here is “Arabic & Hebrew”.
3. The blind can also recognize the notes issued by the Israeli government because it used “Brel Language”.
4. Israel’s passport states that it is valid for all countries except Pakistan. Something similar in the passport of Pakistan is written for Israel.
5. Israel has the highest number of museums per person compared to any other country in the world. Israel is also known as a country of museums with more than 250 museums.
6. Israel is the only Jewish country in the whole world. It was only 70 years since its birth.
7. World largest salt cave in israel
Israeli explorers have discovered the world’s longest salt cave near the Dead Sea. The length of this cave found in Mount Sodom of Israel is more than 10 kilometers.The Hibu University of Jerusalem provided this information. Before that, Iran had the record of being the longest salt cave in the world.
8. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Jerusalem is the holy place of people of all three religions Jewish, Christian and Islam. It is a great place to visit religiously. At the same time, there are many places to see and know from the city of Jerusalem to the Dead Sea, Eilat, Dome of Rock. Here we are showing some such beautiful places in Israel. A sacred place for people of three religions …
Most of Israel’s most famous and historical heritage is present in the largest and ancient city of Jerusalem. It is an important place for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
The Dome of the Rore is a sacred place for Muslims in Jerusalem. Muslims claim that Prophet Mohammad Sahab had gone to heaven from here. At the same time, the Jews believe that it was placed where Abraham sacrificed his son Issac.
The Church of the Holy Splatter is also present in Jerusalem. It is said that this is the place where Jesus was crucified and later buried.
At the same time, there is the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem, Israel, which is considered the birthplace of Jesus. The first church at this place was built by Saint Helena.Here is the main Al Aqsa Mosque in the Temple Mount campus of Jerusalem. It is considered the third holiest place for Muslims after Mecca and Medina.Masada is one of the ancient places. It is a natural fortress on the edge of the Judean desert, from where the view of the Dead Sea (Dead Sea) is clearly visible.
9. Dangerous Enemy
So far, Israel has fought 7 battles and Israel has won all. Israel does not ever say to an enemy country or terrorist organization, do not attack our country, but Israel says “if you kill a citizen of our country, then we will enter your country and kill your 1000 citizens”.If you are an enemy of Israel and if you are a Muslim, then it is impossible to be alive all over the world.
10.Scientist Albert Einstein was a Jew and lived in Israel
The world’s greatest Scientist Albert Einstein was a Jew and lived in Israel.In 1952, the United States offered Albert Einstein to become the president of Israel, but Einstein rejected this offer by saying that it was not for politics. The reason behind this is Einstein was a Jewish and Israel is a Jewish nation.
11. 90 percent of the population in Israel uses solar energy, which is the highest in the whole world.There is a lot of emphasis on using Solar Energy in Israel. Here, 9 out of 10 homes use solar energy.
12. Cutting and polishing of the most diamond in the whole world are done in Israel.
13. The language of Israel is the only language in the world that is reincarnated. Hebrew and Arabic are the official languages.
14. Israel is the first in the world in terms of household computer use. The first voice mail technique was developed
15. Children’s army training
Army training of children begins in Israel at the age of 15. All Israeli students, whether a boy or a girl, have to compulsorily join the military service after completing high school. This service period is three years for boys and 2 years for girls.It is said that there are weapons in every house of Israel. Every family member knows how to use weapons.
16. The first antivirus on the planet was first made in Israel in 1979. Microsoft and Cisco made their research centers outside of the US only in Israel.
17. Israel produces 93 percent of its food needs. In food grains, Israel is almost self-reliant.
18. In terms of education, according to the population, most universities are in Israel.109 research papers are published in every 10 thousand population. Which is the highest in the world. In the case of books, most books are printed per person.
19. You will be surprised to know that there are only 40 books shops in Israel Because every person in Israel is provided books by the government.A copy of every book appearing in Israel is kept in the Jewish National Library.
20. In a small country like Israel, 37 political parties participated in the 2013 election. Israel is the only country in the Middle East where women have equal rights to men.
21. There is a 137 official beach. While Israel has only 273 km of coastline.
22. Israel is third in the world in terms of business.
Israel is second in terms of technology. There are more than 3500 technology companies in Israel.Israel is the center of the startup, many big startups of the world started from here. So far, more than 3 thousand startups have started from here, apart from this, Israel is also the biggest hub of information technology after Silicon Valley. Microsoft founders Bill Gates and Warren Wafate have also praised Israel for the investment
23. Jews from all over the world are born as citizens of Israel.
This is the only country in the world where a child gets citizenship of Israel as soon as he is born. Even if the child is born in any country. The second exemption is that Jews can settle in Israel from anywhere in the world.
Think of it as such that if a Jewish child is born in the USA, then at the time of birth, he is also considered a citizen of Israel.
24. Women in the army
Israel is the only country in the world, where women must work in military service.In the world, Israel is considered as a powerful military country. It is mandatory for women in Israel to work in the military.There are about 3 million soldiers in a country with a population of 8 million. There is a 50-50 ratio of men and women soldiers in the army of 3 million(i.e 1.5 million men and 1.5 million women).
25. Shocking Population
Israel is the only Jewish country in the world with a total population of 85 million. That is, as many people live in Bengaluru of India as in the whole of Israel.
Israel was formed by the partition of Palestine. By the 19th century, Palestine consisted of 87% Muslims, 10% Christians, and 3% Jews. In 1900, the Jews raised the demand for a separate state.
26. Palestine dispute
During the British rule over Palestine, the British supported the demand for a separate country for Jews under the divide-and-rule policy. Israel was born in 1948 with the partition of Palestine, but the dispute between Israel and Palestine is not over till date.
Palestine Israel Gaza Strip Controversy
In 1987, the Palestine Liberation Organization revolted against Israel on the issue of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank(Israel rule the Gaza Strip and the West Bank ). In 1993, peace was negotiated between PLO leader Arafat and Israeli Prime Minister Rabin, but Rabin was assassinated in 1995.
Since then, many countries have tried to make peace between Israel and Palestine many times, but to date, there is a dispute between Israel and Palestine.
27. Arab Israel War
After the independence of Israel, the enemies made all possible efforts to assassinate Israel, in which they also got some success.
Meanwhile, soon after Israel became independent, the forces of Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq attacked Israel and the Arab-Israeli War started.In 1949, under a temporary agreement, the West Bank was transferred from Israel to Jordan and Gaza Streep to Egypt.
28. Israel’s Law of Return
Israel then planned to mobilize all Jews to fight Arab armies and implement the Law of Return in 1950.
Under this law, every Jew had the right to immigrate to Israel as an immigrant. In this way, Israel began to increase its power by inviting all the Jews back to their country, because many of Israel’s enemies surrounded Israel.
Israel is surrounded on all three sides by Egypt, Syria, and Jordan with whom Israel fought a 6-day war in 1967, in which Israel doubled its land.In this battle, Israel took possession of the West Bank, Gaza Streep as well as the Golan Heights and the Sinai Peninsula.
29. Egypt Israel Relations
After this, Egypt tried to make good relations with Israel and in 1977 peace talks started between Egyptian President Anwar Sadat and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem and both shared the Nobel Peace Prize.
After this, under the treaty in both the countries, Israel withdrew from the Sinai Peninsula and Egypt allowed the Israeli ships to get free passage from the Suez Canal.But this angered the other Arab countries and Egypt was expelled from the Arab League and after that, the Egyptian President Anwar Sadat was assassinated.
30. India Connection
Israel is a very small country and it is the 100th smallest country in the world. In the US, California can accommodate 19 countries like Israel. About 74 percent of Israel’s population currently consists of Jews. Non-Jews are mostly people of Arab descent. The Jewish population in India is around 6 thousand. Most Jews are in the states of Maharashtra, Bengal and North East.
Israel is a democratic country in the world, but there is no written constitution like Britain and New Zealand. Rules are made and change according to convenience.
32. Different Language Rules
The official language of this country is Hebrew and Arabic, which is considered the language of the Bible. It is said that Hebrew is the only language that is reborn. Let me tell special things about Israel language, The language of Israel(.ie Hebrew) is written from right to left like Urdu. Marathi is also considered a part of the dialect of Israel.
33. Israel is one of the world’s strongest air forces.
Israel’s Air Force is counted among the world’s strongest Air Forces. If we look at history, we will find that the Israeli Air Force is known for taking the fastest decision. The highest standards of training are adopted in the Israeli Air Force. In times of terrorism and the global crisis, the Israeli army is always ready for war.Israeli air force comes to fourth place in the world. It is not only capable of annihilating the enemy but also destroying enemies.
34. Another name of death is ‘Mossad’
Mossad, the Institute for Intelligence and Special Operation, is Israel’s National Intelligence Agency. Mossad means death.
The dreaded agents of Mossad have the power to find the enemy from any corner of the world. This is the reason why this intelligence agency of Israel is called the most dangerous agency in the world. Mossad has access to every place where any conspiracy is being hatched against Israel or the citizens of Israel. Mossad has a history of 63 years old. Mossad headquarter is in Israel’s Tel Aviv city.
At the 1972 Munich Olympics in Germany, 12 Israeli players were killed by Muslim extremists from Palestine, when the then Prime Minister “Golda Mayer” called the family of all 12 Israeli people and said we will take revenge.
After this, She gave free hand to intelligence agency Mossad to kill terrorist and all the people who helped him in any corner of the world and Mossad killed all the terrorists associated with this incident.
35. Israel is the only country in the world that is fully equipped with the anti-ballistic missile defense system. That is, every missile coming towards Israel collapsed on the way.
36. Narendra Modi is the only Prime Minister of India who has visited Israel.
37. Despite the lowest rainfall in the whole world in Israel, agricultural prod
38. Do you know that Israel is such a small country that Its journey from east to west, you can complete in just 2 hours by runing And you can cross the journey from the top to the bottom in just 9 days.
39. In 1963, a 2000-year-old seed was discovered inside an ancient jar in Israel. This seed was grown in the
the year 2005, in this way the tree which was finished 1800 years ago was re-grown.
40. In Israel, Sunday is like Monday. Just as Monday is the first day of the week for us, similarly it is the beginning of the week for them. High schools are closed on Fridays and Saturdays. For Elementary, Friday is half-day and closed on Saturdays.All Israeli schools are funded by the family and the government. Only poor children study in free schools.
41. Israel ranks second in terms of the number of students studying at the university(after Canada).
42. Israel has the most Democratic schools as compared to other countries. In 4200 schools, 25 schools are Democratic.
43. At the time of independence, Israel had a total of 5,500 square miles of land given by the United Nations,which has now increased to 8000 miles. Israel captured their land by mixing Jerusalem with their country and attacking several neighboring nations. Despite only 20 percent of Israel’s land is cultivable, it produces 95 percent of its own food for its population.
44. Master of Cyber Security
Like borders, it is equally important to deal with cyber threats. The cybersecurity of Jews is considered impregnable.
45. 5000 Year Old City Discovered in Israel
Archaeologists in northern Israel have discovered the remains of an early Bronze Age city. The lost city was found during the construction of a new highway interchange, located about 50 kilometers from the city of Tel Aviv, Israel.
According to archaeologists, the city maybe 5000 years old, which is being described as present-day New York City. It is believed that this ancient city spread over 160 acres will have about five-six thousand people.The city is considered one of the developed civilizations of the Bronze Age, named En Esur.
46. This country is included in the countries which have their satellite system in space, they do not share satellite system with anyone. Israel does not impart its satellite system to anyone.
47. Israel is the only country in the world with more trees in the 21st century than in the 20th century.
48. The world’s smallest Bible is made in Israel, which is 4.5 million long and wide.
Historical Facts About Israel
The history of Judaism religion is believed to be around 3,000 years old and It is One of the oldest religions in the world. This religion begins with Jerusalem. The same Jerusalem, which is one of the holy places of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. This religion was started by Prophet Abraham. Christians and Muslims also call Abraham the messenger of God.
Situated in the Middle East of Asia, this country is very important from the point of view of politics and history all over the world. The word Israel has been used since the Bible and before. The nation of Israel was established in 1948. The capital of Israel is Jerusalem. Its original language is Hebrew or Hebrew which is written from right to left.
The citizens are called Israeli. Israel is a completely independent nation located on the eastern coast of the Rum Sea. It has Lebanon and Syria in its north and northeast, Jordan in the east, the Gulf of Aqaba in the south and Egypt in the southwest.
How did Israel get independence?
Israel was ruled by Britain in 1917. On November 2, 1917, British Foreign Minister Balfour said that the British government wanted Israel to be a Jewish sermon in which Jews from all over the world could come and settle.
Since this announcement, the Jewish population in Israel continued to grow. After nearly 21 years, the Allies established the Jewish nation called Israel in 1948.
On 5 July 1950, a new law was passed by the Parliament of Israel according to which Jews from all over the world got the freedom to immigrate to Israel. Within seven years of the enactment of this law, seven million Jews settled in
Israel from outside countries.
The 1967 Six-Day Battle changed the map of the Middle East. Israel attacked Egypt, whose leader had threatened to destroy the Jewish country. The conflict with Egypt, Jordan, and Syria then ended with Israel occupying the Sinai Peninsula, Gaza, East Jerusalem, the West Coast, and the Golan Hill.
After this, for the first time in 2000 years, the Western Wall, considered religiously very holy in ancient Jerusalem, came under the occupation of the Jews.
An important event in Israel’s history occurred in 1976 when Israeli commandos raided Uganda’s Entebbe Airport and freed more than a hundred hostages. They were taken hostage by Palestinian kidnappers.
Most of them were Israelis or Jews. The hostages were taken to Israel after being freed. In this operation, the commando force chief Yoni Netanyahu (brother of the current Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu) was killed.
In 1989, Israel launched the first spy satellite into space. With this, Israel joined a special group of eight countries that have the ability to launch satellite independently. In the beginning, it was said that Israel could hardly join this club.
The historic handshake-
Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and leader of the Palestinian Liberation Organization Yasir Arafat marked the beginning of a new era by ending the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.In September 1993, an interim peace deal was signed in the courtyard of the White House in the presence of US President Bill Clinton after several weeks of secret negotiations.
In 2007, a temporary government was formed in Palestine, which is still in operation. In 2014, the war started in Hamas and Israel.
In 2014, a fierce confrontation took place between Israel and Hamas. 2100 Palestinians and 73 Israelis were killed in this fight which lasted from 8 July to 26 August. It started with the killing of three Israeli students in Gaza.After this, Israel attacked Gaza.
Tourism in Israel
Every family wants to go to a place to visit that will make your days memorable and enjoy the holidays. Today we are going to tell you about some of the places in Israel, after knowing that places you will not be able to stop yourself and start making plans to go to Israel. So let’s know about the best places in Israel to visit.
The biggest attraction of Israel city is Eilat city located on the banks of the Red Sea. You can do many activities to enjoy the holidays. Whether it be hanging out with the Dolphins on the Dolphin Reef, a jeep ride in the Negev Desert or enjoying the Underwater Observatory in Timna Park.
In Haifa city of Israel, one can see mountains, seashores, and beautiful gardens. Apart from this, the food is also famous all over the world. Seeing the beauty of this city, you will not feel like coming back.
3. Dead Sea
The Dead Sea in Israel is not considered less than a wonder. The Dead Sea is the world’s smallest and least spread sea. This sea is 48 miles long, 15 miles wide and about 1,375 feet deep from the Earth’s surface. The Dead Sea is about 1388 feet below sea level at the lowest point on Earth.
4. Timna Park
This place is no less than a paradise for a tourist in Israel.
In this park built in the middle of the desert, you can enjoy tasty food, pool fun and enjoy your holidays in peace.
5. Sea of Galilee
You will not want to return home after seeing the beauty spread around the Sea of Galilee. You can also enjoy water activities in this sea.
6. Golan Heights
If you want to enjoy trekking then the golden height of Israel is perfect for you. The path to reach this fort at the top of the hill will fill your trip with adventure.
7. Northern Israel
Northern Israel is famous for its natural beauty, historical and religious terms. The beaches are a center of attraction for tourists.
If you know any new things about Israel then tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you