What is Peachtree Corners, GA known for | What is Peachtree Corners famous for26th May 2023
Welcome to Peachtree Corners, GA – a small, vibrant city nestled in the northern suburbs of Atlanta. Peachtree Corners is known for its innovative and technologically advanced businesses, as well as its diversified economy and city initiatives that focus on sustainability and growth.
Peachtree Corners is also home to a number of renowned attractions, including the immersive technology of the Technology Square Research Park, numerous museums, and the endless shopping and dining opportunities at The Forum.
In this blog post, we will explore the many things that make Peachtree Corners famous, from its industries and attractions to its history and culture. Let’s begin!
Interesting & Unknown Facts About Peachtree Corners, GA
1. Peachtree Corners is known for having the first roundabout in Georgia. The town’s first roundabout, located at the intersection of Peachtree Parkway and Chattahoochee River Road, opened in December 2012.
2. Peachtree Corners was originally founded in 1881 as a summer retreat for Atlanta’s wealthy.
3. Peachtree Corners is home to the Technology Park Atlanta, which is the largest technology park in the Southeast.
4. The city is home to the first outdoor outdoor WiFi network in the U.S.
5. Peachtree Corners is one of the most popular places in the Atlanta Metropolitan area to host concerts and other entertainment events, due to its unique amphitheater at the Technology Park.
6. Peachtree Corners was the first city in the state of Georgia to build a skate park.
7. The city has its own local newspaper named the Gwinnett Citizen.
8. Peachtree Corners is home to several significant monuments, including the Southern Trilogy Monument which was erected in 2013 and honors the Civil War, Patriot’s War, and World War I veterans.
Top 10 Best Things Peachtree Corners, GA is known For
Here are 10 best things that Peachtree Corners, GA is known for:
- Technology Park: Peachtree Corners is home to Technology Park, a large business park with several companies specializing in technology and innovation.
- The Forum: This upscale shopping and dining center is a popular destination for locals and visitors alike, with over 50 specialty shops and restaurants.
- Autrey Mill Nature Preserve and Heritage Center: This nature preserve and historic site offers opportunities for hiking, picnicking, and learning about local history.
- Town Center: Peachtree Corners’ Town Center is a new development featuring a mix of residential, retail, and office spaces, along with a central green space for community events.
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area: Located just outside Peachtree Corners, this national recreation area offers opportunities for hiking, boating, fishing, and picnicking along the Chattahoochee River.
- The Peachtree Corners Festival: This annual festival celebrates the community with live music, food, arts and crafts, and a parade.
- Jones Bridge Park: This park features a playground, walking trails, and river access for fishing and boating.
- Historic Downtown Norcross: Just a short drive from Peachtree Corners, this charming historic district features boutique shops, restaurants, and events throughout the year.
- The Forum Amphitheater: This outdoor venue hosts concerts and events throughout the year, with a covered seating area and lawn seating.
- Pinckneyville Park: This large park features sports fields, a skate park, playgrounds, and walking trails. It also hosts the annual Gwinnett Beer Fest.
Read more about Georgia City
History & Information of Peachtree Corners, GA
Peachtree Corners is a city located in Gwinnett County, Georgia. It was incorporated on July 1, 2012. It is the largest of the 10 cities in Gwinnett County. Prior to incorporation, the area was traditionally known as “Peachtree Corners”, and is commonly referred to by that name.
The area now called Peachtree Corners was originally home to Creek Native American tribes, including the Cherokee and Creek. By the mid-19th century, the discovery of gold in the area of the Chattahoochee river resulted in growing development of the area. Later, the area was developed by the Atlanta and Western Railway Company in the late 19th century.
In the 1960s, the area was developed into a corporate campus called Technology Park/Atlanta, gesturing towards the influence of technology in the region. The area was heavily developed with office complexes and apartments as well as retail centers and a large tennis center.
In 2010, a citizens group petitioned the Georgia state legislature to create the city of Peachtree Corners, with a vote taking place in July 2012. The city was officially incorporated in January 2013, making it the 10th city in Gwinnett County. It is governed by a mayor, four city council members and a four-member city council.
Today, Peachtree Corners is a suburban city home to high-tech companies, retail stores, restaurants, and green spaces such as parks and nature trails. It is home to the Atlanta History Center, the Peachtree Corners Town Center, local restaurants, banks, shops, and homes.
- What is McDonough, GA known for
- Unique Things About Macon-Bibb County, GA
- Interesting & Unknown Facts About Marietta, GA
Hello,My name is Aparna Patel,I’m a Travel Blogger and Photographer who travel the world full-time with my hubby.I like to share my travel experience.