Welcome to Port St. Lucie, Florida – one of the most beautiful, unique, and exciting cities in the Sunshine State. This stunning city is known for its amazing beaches, breathtaking scenery, and vibrant culture. From family-friendly attractions to popular shopping districts, Port St. Lucie has something for everyone.
In addition, this wonderful city is recognized for its abundance of outdoor recreation, art and culture, and the many local festivals that take place throughout the year.
In this blog, we’ll explore what makes Port St. Lucie so special, and discover what it is most known for. Get ready to explore the best that Port St. Lucie has to offer!
These are just a few highlights of what Port St. Lucie, FL, is known for. The city also offers beautiful beaches, recreational parks, golf courses, and a range of amenities for residents and visitors to enjoy.
1. The City of Port St. Lucie was incorporated in 1961 and is located in St. Lucie County, Florida. It is the second largest municipality in St. Lucie County.
2. The city has a population of 199,572 people as of 2020, making it the seventh largest city in Florida and one of the fastest growing cities in the nation.
3. The city was named after the Port of St. Lucie, a port located in the St. Lucie River.
4. The city is home to the largest single-site spring training facility for Major League Baseball – the First Data Field.
5. Port St. Lucie is the hometown of world renowned golfer Chris Couch and has hosted the PGA Tour’s Honda Classic Golf Tournament several times.
6. Port St. Lucie is home to numerous public parks, preserves, and nature trails.
7. The city is home to several of Florida’s top universities, including Indian River State College and Florida Atlantic University.
8. The city is known as the “Golf Coast”, with over 16 championship golf courses.
9. It has been ranked several times as one of the safest cities in the nation.
10. In 2013, Port St. Lucie was listed as one of Livability.com’s Top Ten Cities for Families.
Port St. Lucie is a city located in the state of Florida, with a population of around 180,000 as of 2019. It is part of the Port St. Lucie, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is the most populous metropolitan area in the Treasure Coast region.
The city was founded in the late 1950s by a group of ranchers and investors, who named it PORT St. Lucie (an acronym for the “Perfect Place for Retirees and Opportunities for Others”) and the population was just 400 at that time. The city experienced explosive growth in the early 2000s, growing from 55,000 to 109,000 between 2000 and 2010.
Modern Port St. Lucie has been transformed into a hub for industry, retail, healthcare, and other service-oriented businesses. It is located only 35 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and enjoys all the outdoor recreational opportunities and attractions of the Sunshine State.
The area is well known for its incredible golf courses, like the PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance and the PGA Village. There are also over 30 local parks and preserves, as well as numerous beaches, fishing spots, and hiking trails. Also in the city is the St. Lucie Mets Minor League Baseball team’s stadium, home games, and entertainment events.
Underserved communities are provided access to healthcare through various providers and the board of education ensures that all children receive quality education in the city. Port St. Lucie is also home to the Smithsonian Marine Station, where world renowned scientists carry out research and educational programs.
16 Oct, 2023
5 Oct, 2023
12 Sep, 2023
8 Sep, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023