Welcome to Pompano Beach, Florida – the home of year-round sunshine and a beach-filled getaway! With crystal-clear waters and soft, white sand, Pompano Beach has a long history of welcoming the most avid sun seekers to the sand-filled beaches of this lively city.
But, Pompano Beach isn’t just known for its beaches, it’s also known for its variety of attractions, events, and activities you and your family can enjoy. Learn more about what Pompano Beach is famous for and start planning your next sunny vacation today!
Pompano Beach, Florida, is known for several notable features and attractions:
1. Pompano Beach is home to the largest outdoor mural in the United States. The mural, titled “The World is our Canvas,” was created in 2004 and encompasses an entire city block.
2. Pompano Beach is one of the top ten fishing destination cities in the United States with over 4 million fish landed in 2016.
3. The City of Pompano Beach was incorporated in 1908, making it one of the oldest cities in South Florida.
4. The Hillsboro Inlet connects the Atlantic Ocean to the intracoastal waterway, providing a popular spot for those who wish to boat or jet ski.
5. Every summer, Pompano Beach hosts a professional sand sculpting competition near the beach, making it one of the few cities in the United States to do so.
6. Pompano Beach is a cultural melting pot of influences, including Caribbean, Latin American, and Native American.
7. It’s home to the biggest annual Caribbean music festival in Florida, Island Jamz.
8. A mile from Pompano Beach lies the Deerfield Beach International Fishing Pier, the longest pier in Florida.
9. Since Pompano Beach is near the stop of the annual migration of sea turtles, you can often catch a glimpse of them nesting in the sand during the summer months.
10. Pompano Beach is home to the oldest secondhand shop in Florida, Jean’s Cash & Carry, opened in 1939.
Pompano Beach is a city in Florida’s Broward County. It is located on the Atlantic coast, just north of Fort Lauderdale. The area was first inhabited by the Tequesta Indians and was part of the United States when the Louisiana Purchase was acquired in 1803.
In the early 1900s, several homesteaders moved to the area and developed the small city. In May 1910 the City of Pompano was officially incorporated.
The economy of the city was at one point dominated by real estate and tourism. The city’s popularity grew after the construction of a drawbridge in 1925, which allowed people to easily access the beach from the mainland.
Today, Pompano Beach is a popular destination for tourists and many enjoy visiting the beaches and local attractions. Pompano Beach is located near many beaches and attractions like the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse, Butler House Museum, and the Pompano Beach Fishing Pier. The city is also home to the annual Pompano Beach Seafood Festival, which is a popular seafood event. Additionally, Pompano Beach has grown into a major retail and dining center in the area.
16 Oct, 2023
5 Oct, 2023
12 Sep, 2023
8 Sep, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023