At the gateway to the island of Zealand, Denmark’s third-largest city, Taastrup is an urban gem with plenty of attractions, activities and delicious eats. From its creative museums to its vibrant city centre, the city is a vibrant tourist destination that is sure to provide something for everyone.
Whether you’re into culture, history, nightlife, shopping, or food, Taastrup is definitely worth a visit. Here are some of the best tourist attractions, activities, and eateries to check out while exploring Taastrup.
Table of Contents
Taastrup is a city in the Høje-Taastrup municipality, in the southwest region of Denmark. The city is considered part of the metropolitan area Copenhagen, and is located about 25 km (15 mi) southwest of Copenhagen’s city centre. Taastrup is home to a variety of tourist attractions, from art galleries and museums to nature reserves, parks, and outdoor activities.
The Selsø Manor House is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Taastrup, and is located southwest of the city centre. It is a historic castle known for its stunning architecture, and it was once the home of the Danish king. Visitors to the castle can explore the grounds and visit the old stables.
The Museum of East Denmark is also a popular tourist destination in Taastrup. This museum features some of the oldest archaeological artifacts discovered in Eastern Denmark. Guests can explore the history of the area, as well as learn about the local cultures.
The beautiful Tisvilde Hegn nature reserve is located just outside of Taastrup. This nature reserve is popular among birdwatchers, as it is home to a variety of species, including the rare osprey. There are also many hiking trails, biking trails, and camping areas within the reserve.
Another popular outdoor attraction near Taastrup is the Køge River. This river offers numerous activities, including sailing, fishing, rafting, and swimming. There are a few restaurants and pubs located along the river, making it a great spot for scenic picnics.
Taastrup also hosts a number of yearly festivals and events. The International Street Art Festival is one of the most popular, and takes place in Taastrup every summer. This festival features art from both local and international artists, and there are also performances, music, and dance from all around the globe.
Taastrup is a city full of attractions for people of all ages and interests. From historical sites and cultural events to nature reserves and outdoor activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Taastrup.
Taastrup is a small town in eastern Denmark, located just thirty kilometers west of Copenhagen. This charming town is known for its culture and history, and is a popular destination for tourists around the world. With its easy access to exciting attractions in and around Copenhagen, there are plenty of things to do in Taastrup for tourists of all ages.
The Waterfront – Tåstrupsø is one of the best things to do in Taastrup. This waterfront is the perfect place to spend an afternoon as there are a variety of activities available including walking and cycling, sailing and fishing. It is also close to the popular Rutbedhagen nature reserve. Here you can explore the town’s past and admire the stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
Shopping is another great activity in the area. There are several shops and boutiques in the town center as well as traditional markets. Tempo Shopping Centre is a great place to find a variety of goods, while in the town centre you can find traditional crafts and souvenirs.
The Cultural Museum of Taastrup is highly recommended for anyone interested in the town’s history. The museum offers numerous exhibits and artifacts that explain Taastrup’s traditions and culture. Visitors can also learn about the town’s history through guided tours and educational programs.
The local parks offer plenty of activities for visitors. Roskilde is the largest park in the region and includes a lake, meadows and rolling hills for visitors to explore. If you are looking for more adventure, take a hike or bike ride around the nearby protected areas.
Finally, Taastrup is also home to numerous cafés and bars. Many of these offer outdoor seating during the warmer months, so visitors can enjoy the views and catch up on the latest news. A night out in the town center is a great way to experience Taastrup’s nightlife.
Whether you are looking for some fun in the sun or a relaxing stroll, there are plenty of things to do in Taastrup. With its unique combination of culture, history and activities, this charming Danish town is sure to please visitors of all ages.
Taastrup, Denmark is known for its local, delicious, and affordable food. Whether you’re looking for traditional Danish cuisine, Middle Eastern food, or something completely unique, you’ll find it in this city. With so many restaurants to choose from, it can be hard to decide where to eat in Taastrup. To make it easier, here are the 8 best foods to eat in Taastrup.
1. Smørrebrød: Smørrebrød, Denmark’s traditional open faced sandwich is one of the most popular foods to eat in Taastrup. The sandwiches come with a variety of toppings, from roast beef and herring to egg and shrimp. The local restaurants serve them up with a side of pickles, sweets, and a cold beer.
2. Danish Pizza: Pizza is a staple in restaurants throughout Taastrup, but the Danish version is unlike any other. Topped with onions, pickles, anchovies and cheese, this pizza is a must-try for all pizza-lovers.
3. Rød Pølse: This traditional Danish sausage is most often sold as street food in Taastrup, with vendors offering the popular dish from carts and stands. The hot sausage is usually served on a roll with mustard and ketchup.
4. Frikadeller: This Danish comfort food is a must-try while in Taastrup. Frikadeller, or Danish meatballs, are served with a side of potatoes, vegetables, or mashed roots.
5. Street Food: You’ll find a variety of street food vendors in the city, with everything from falafel, shawarma, and kebab wraps to hot dogs and pastries.
6. Spisehuset: Located in Taastrup’s town square, Spisehuset is one of the city’s oldest eateries. The restaurant is known for its high-quality cuisine, and specializes in Mediterranean and Danish dishes.
7. Local Markets: Stop by one of Taastrup’s many local markets to pick up fresh fruits and vegetables, homemade breads, dishes made with local produce, and fresh fish.
8. Desserts: Denmark is known for its delicious pastries and desserts, and you’ll find plenty of them in Taastrup. From classic Danish kluns to cookies and tarts, there are plenty of sweet treats to enjoy.
This small but vibrant city offers plenty of activities and attractions for visitors.
The city center has several walking areas, shops, cafes, and restaurants around the town square and the pedestrian street. Visitors can stroll around and explore the various buildings, including the historic City Hall, the old gunpowder store, and the old city hall. The city also features several art galleries, such as the Esbjerg Museum and the Jewish Community Gallery.
Taastrup also has many outdoor activities and parks, including the Åthe Forest and the Højhuset Urban Park. This park features a large lake and plenty of greenery and is ideal for a day of relaxing or picnicking. The nearby Roskilde Fjord offers plenty of opportunities for swimming and other aquatic activities.
The city has some interesting cultural attractions, such as the Glostrup Museum, where visitors can learn about the history of the city. Other museums include the Kattellud Museum, the National Museum of Denmark, and the Hovdbyen Museum.
Taastrup is an ideal destination for couples and families, as there is always something to do. From nature walks to museums and galleries, Taastrup is sure to offer something for everyone.
23 Jan, 2024