Mystery Story of Kashi Vishwanath Jyotirlinga
Kashi Vishwanath Temple History: Kashi Vishwanath Temple is located on the banks of the Ganges in the city of Varanasi in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India. This ancient and prominent Hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. Shiva is worshiped in the form of Shri Vishwanath.
“Vishwanath” means “Lord of the Universe” i.e. Lord Shiva is from Lord Shiva, the God of the Gods who run the creation of the whole world. It is believed that any devotee who once takes a bath in the holy Ganges here and has darshan of Shri Vishwanath, then attains salvation. In ancient times, Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya, Saint Eknath Ramakrishna Paramhansa, Swami Vivekananda, Maharishi Dayanand, Goswami Tulsidas all have come to visit this temple. On the auspicious occasion of Mahashivratri, a grand procession is taken out in this temple with drums and drums.
This is considered to be the seventh Jyotirlinga of Shri Vishwanath established in the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. These temples are called Jyotirlingas because Lord Shiva himself appeared at these places. That is why this place is called Jyotirlinga.
Vishwanath temple has been mentioned in the Shiva Purana of Hinduism, it is said that Lord Shiva wears it on his trident at the time of doomsday and takes it down at the time of creation. This creation is called the land of land. According to which Lord Vishnu had pleased Lord Shiva by doing a severe penance to create the universe at this place. Then after Lord Vishnu’s sleep, Lord Shiva created Brahma Ji in the lotus emerging from the navel of Vishnu. Who created the whole creation.
This temple was rebuilt by Maharani Ahilya Bai Holkar in 1780. And in 1853, Maharaja Ranjit Singh built 1000 kg of pure gold.
This temple of Kashi Vishwanath is divided into two parts. On the right side, Mother Bhagwati is seated in the form of Shakti, and on the other side, Lord Shiva is seated in the form of Jyotirlinga. That is why Kashi is also called the abode of liberation.
When the idols are decorated in the temple, then all the idols are facing west. In this temple, both Shiva and Shakti are seated together. This is amazing The main sanctum sanctorum of the temple has a dome on the top of the spire, which is adorned with Shri Yantra.
The temple has four main gates from the point of view of Tantra, which are known as Shanti Dwar, Kala Dwar, Pratishtha Dwar, and Nivritti Dwar. These four gates have different importance in the system. Shivshakti is also seated together with the Tantra door in this temple, there is no such place in the whole world.
It is said that Shri Vishwanath is settled in every particle of Kashi. The mysterious stories here are full of miracles. It is said that Shri Vishwanath is settled in every particle of Kashi. The mysterious stories here are full of miracles. Two Vishwanath temples are established in Kashi. The new temple is present on the Banaras Hindu University campus, whose importance is considered to be as much as the old one, Kashi Vishwanath’s Rudrabhishek in this temple fulfills all the wishes of the devotees.
Now you must be thinking that there are two temples of Vishwanath in Kashi and the story of the new Vishwanath temple is something like this. Had darshan, and asked to establish Baba Vishwanath. Malviya Ji understood the order of Lord Shankar and started the work of the temple. But due to illness, he could not complete this temple. After listening to this story of Malviya JI, industrialist couple Kishore Birla got the work of this temple completed.
1. The sanctum sanctorum of Mahadev temple is decorated with 60 kg gold
In the city of Mahadev, the court of Mahadev in Varanasi has become golden. About 60 kg of gold is adding to the beauty of Bhola Nath Baba’s court. Earlier, the golden peak of Mahadev Baba was made in 1835 from the gold given by Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Now once again a donor about whom it is being said that he is so impressed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi that he has made Bhola Nath Baba’s court golden with the amount of gold weighing PM Modi’s mother.
2. This Shivling, famous all over the world by the name of Baba Vishwanath, is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. It is said that this temple established on the banks of the Ganges was established in 1490.
3. There is a mythological belief that Lord Shiva resides in this city on the banks of the Ganges. Kashi is situated on the tip of his trident. Lord Shiva is the guardian and protector of Kashi, who protects the people here.
4. Another thing is said about Kashi, the city of Baba Vishwanath, that when the earth was formed, the first ray of the sun fell on Kashi itself.
5. The city of Kashi is also called the city of salvation. It is believed that the mere presence in the court of Baba Vishwanath helps the devotee to get rid of the cycle of birth after birth.
6. In the month of Sawan, people from all over the country and abroad come to attend the court of Baba Vishwanath. During that Abhishek Lord Shiva is soon pleased and fulfills all the wishes of the devotees. However, even on Monday, a large number of devotees come here, especially for the darshan of King Mahadev of Kashi.
7. This temple was targeted many times by the invaders. The Mughal emperor Akbar had ordered to rebuild the ancient temple, which was later demolished by Aurangzeb. There he got the mosque built, which is known as Gyanvapi Masjid.
8. It is said that when people came to know that Aurangzeb wanted to destroy this temple, the Jyotirlinga of Lord Shiva was hidden in a well. That well is still situated between the temple and the mosque.
9. After that, Rani Ahilyabai Holkar of Indore got this ancient temple of Baba Vishwanath renovated. Lord Shiva, beyond death, time and time, was again worshiped here. Once again devotees started thronging to have darshan of Lord Mahadev.
12 Sep, 2023
8 Sep, 2023
1 Sep, 2023
31 Aug, 2023
25 Aug, 2023
25 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
13 Aug, 2023
5 Aug, 2023
31 Jul, 2023
22 Jul, 2023
22 Jul, 2023
9 Aug, 2023