Interesting fun facts about Rajasthan| Historical Facts6th June 2019
Rajasthan is a state in the north-west of India. The main attraction of tourists in the state is the Thar desert and the world’s oldest monument range, Aravali.When we talk about the Rajasthan, what comes to our mind? Beautiful castle, the majestic ride of camel and fascinating heritage.
Amazing, History, Famous Facts About Rajasthan For Tourists and Kids
- The history of Rajasthan state is 5000 years old. The history of Rajasthan can be divided into three parts – ancient, medieval and modern.
- The Thar Desert of Rajasthan is the largest desert in India and the Thar Desert is at number 18 in the world’s largest tropical desert.which also creates a border between India and Pakistan. Desert is about 120,000 square miles, 90 percent of which is in Rajasthan and the rest is in Pakistan.
- Rajasthan is Famous for Bollywood and Hollywood films because Rajasthan is the popular shooting spot due to the beautiful royal palaces, old nails, water-flags, and desert.
- Rajasthan is home of Marble stones, which is not only Rajasthan but also the main source of all India.
- Compared to humans in Rajasthan, you will find cow, elephant, and camel more on the road.
- Almost every major city of Rajasthan is known by different colors, Just like Jaipur as the pink city, Jodhpur as the blue city, Jhalawar as Purple city and Udaipur as white. The colors of the houses here are like their names.
- The Aravali ranges are the oldest ranges of India which is located in Rajasthan and it is surprising that it is older than the Himalaya range.
- Most Indians believe that Rajasthan is just desert, not greenery. But this is a lie because in many places in Rajasthan you will see the greenery ground where you will not be able to see even a single particle of sand.
- There is a village named piplantri in Rajasthan Where 111 trees are planted on the girl’s birth, if you go to count the trees in the village today, then you will have to count 2,50,000 trees which were planted only when the girl was born.
- Kumbhalgarh fortress wall is 38 kilometers long, which has come to Udaipur district and after the “Great Wall of China” is the world’s second longest walls.
- Rajasthan is a popular state for foreign tourists.City Jaipur, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Mount Abe, Udaipur, Jaisalmer are famous tourist destination.
- Area wise, Rajasthan is the largest state in India but it is at number eight in the population.
- There is only one district in north India which is completely literate and it is Ajmer district of Rajasthan.
- Among the most expensive trains in Asia, “Maharaja Express”, “Royal Rajasthan on Wheels” and “Palace on Wheels” trains operate in Rajasthan.
- Two Hollywood movies were shot in Mehrangarh Fort of Jodhpur, In which the first was Batman’s “The Dark Knight Rise” and the second James Bond’s “Octopussy”.
- Popular film star Irfan Khan was born in Jaipur on June 7, 1967, which was awarded the Padmashree in 2011 and in the year 2012, he got the National Award for the film “Pan Singh Tomar”.
- Pokharan is one of the great places in Indian history, which is in Jaisalmer, where India conducted two nuclear tests. In the year 1974 and 1998.
- Dal Bati and churma are Rajasthani’s favorite food, but most Indians believe that they eat the same every day which is not true, Rajasthan does not eat Dal Bati and churma every day.
- One of the brave heroes of the land of Rajasthan, Maharana Pratap, who was the great Hindu king of Mewar’s land.
- If you know any new things about Rajasthan, then definitely tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you.
- Rajasthan is the largest state of India according to the area. It is spread over an area of 342,239 square kilometers.
- The state of Rajasthan was formed on 30 March 1949 after the merger of 22 princely states.
- Rajasthan Apart from being India’s largest state, Jaisalmer is the third largest district of India, with an area of 39313 sq km.
- The river Luni is the only river in India with saline water which passes through the Thar Desert and ends in the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat. Apart from this, it is the only such river that passes through the desert.
- Rajasthan is a city of many ancient forts. There are a large number of fortresses like the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur, Lake Palace in Udaipur, Gorband Palace in Jaisalmer, Uday Bilas Palace in Dungarpur, Umed Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur and Devi Garh Palace in Dehalhgarh, which are the signs of India’s glorious ancient history.
- Karani Mata Temple is situated in the place called Deshnok, about 30 km from the city of Bikaner, Rajasthan, which is also known as Rat Temple. There are about 25 thousand black mice in the temple. Rats are considered very auspicious here.
- There are 5 national parks in this state which are Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, Drahr National Park, Desert National Park, Sariska Tiger Reserve, and Ranthambore National Park.
- There are 8 World Heritage Sites declared by UNESCO in Rajasthan: Keoladeo National Park, Jantar Mantar, Chittorgarh, Kumbhalgarh, Ranthambore, Amber Fort, Fort of Jaisalmer, Gagron Fort.
If you know any new things about Rajasthan, then definitely tell through the comments so that other people can read, thanks.
HollyMelody provides you Travel news, tips, and photography from destinations all over the world. The best new hotels,vacation spots, reviews, and tips to plan a perfect getaway from HollyMelody.