Amazing, History, Famous Facts About Ukraine For Tourists and Kids
In 1991, the breakdown of Soviet Russia made 15 countries, one of those countries was Ukraine – Ukraine, which is located in the continent of Europe, this country has a different place in the geography of the world, which makes it different from many countries such as outfit, Culture, living, language, business.
- Kiev is the status of the Hero City, and this honor was given to the city as a result of the resistance of the Nazis in 1941 by the Soviet Union.
- The literacy rate of Ukraine is approximately 99.8%, which is the world’s fourth largest literacy rate.
- Russia currently uses pipelines passing through Ukraine to take gas from Europe.
- According to WHO, Ukraine is the world’s 6th most alcohol consuming country.
- The average life expectancy rate of Ukraine is approximately 71.48 years.
- Ukraine’s popular game is Football.
- The highest point of Ukraine is known as Hora Hoverla and it is located at an altitude of 2,061 meters (6,762 feet) on Carpathian Mountains.
- The world’s deepest metro station is also located in the Ukraine(i.e the Arsenalna Metro station).
- By 2011, Ukraine was the world’s third largest grain exporter and was also known as breadbasket country.
- Ukraine has reserve of iron, coal, gas, oil, manganese and other metals in natural resources.
- Kiev is widely considered as the spiritual Capital City of Ukraine.
- Ukraine became a member of the Soviet Union in 1922 and won independence from the Soviet Union in 1991.
- Ukraine is the largest country in terms of area of Europe continent, it has an area of 17818 sq km. It is located in the eastern continent.
- Kiev city Ukraine is the most populous city in the country, and is also a major center for the country’s economic, political and culture. Kiev city was founded 1600 years ago.
- Ukraine borders touch with the Slovakia, Romania in the southwest, Russia in the east, Belarus in the north, Moldova, the Black Sea and the Azov Sea in the south.
- When World War II happened, millions of Jews had taken refuge in Ukraine to escape Hitler’s Nazi military, but the Nazis attacked Ukraine and massacred many Jews.
- In 1986, the worst fatal nuclear plant accident in Ukraine ( i.e the Chernobyl nuclear accident).
- The currency of Ukraine is Ukrainian Hryvnia and the official language is Ukrainian.
- Ukraine is ranked 8th in the world with the highest Internet usage.
- The population of Ukraine was 51.4 million in 1990, which has now dropped to just 40 million, due to the decrease in birth rate and the movement of people in other countries.
- The world’s largest and most weighted aircraft were built in the city of Kiev, Kiev, named AN-225 Maria, which was created by the Antioch Design Bureau.
- In 2007, the stock market of Ukraine rose by 130%, which was the second major increase in the world.
- Here is the world’s most unique ritual that most people in the world wear the wedding ring in the left hand, but the wedding ring in Ukraine is worn in the right hand.
- Medical studies in Ukraine are cheaper than other countries such as America and India. In America, 80 million in medical studies, 440 million in Australia and the United Kingdom, and 10 million in India, but the amount of medical education in Ukraine is 2.5 million, which is cheaper than other countries.
- On May 7, 1927, Queen Caesar of Russia ordered the Jews to be excluded from Ukraine.
- On January 22, 1918 the Ukrainian People’s Republic of Bolshevik announced independence in Russia.
- Jews were murdered by the Nazi army on September 21, 1942.
- The first Independence Day was celebrated in Ukraine on July 16, 1991.
Facts about Canada
Facts about Poland
Facts about Netherlands
Facts about Germany
Facts about Denmark
Facts about Philippines