Saudi Arabia is a nation whose law is famous in the entire world. People know Saudi Arabia because of sand, oil, Sheikh and Mecca Medina. Saudi Arabia is a Sunni Muslim country in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia, officially known as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), is an Arab state of western Asia.
Amazing, History, Famous Fun Facts About Saudi Arabia For Tourists and Kids
This country is spread over an area of 2,150,000 km, geographically it is the fifth largest state in Asia and the second largest country in the Arab world after Algeria. Border of Jordan and Iraq in the north of Saudi Arabia, border of Kuwait in the north-east, border of Qatar, Bahrain and United Arab in the east, border of Oman in the south-east and Yemen’s border in the south. The Gulf of Aqaba has separated Saudi Arabia from Israel and Egypt. It is the only country with both the Red Beach and the Persian Gulf coast, and most of it is comprised of dry deserts and barren topography. This country had to face criticism for banning women’s rights and the death penalty.
Modern present Saudi Arabia has four different areas: Hedges, Najd, and parts of Eastern Arabia and Southern Arabia. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was invented in 1932 by Ibn Sood. They collected four areas and made a state and started expanding it.
Petroleum exploration in Saudi Arabia was done on March 3, 1938, and along with petrol, many other things were discovered in Eastern Province. Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest oil producer and is the sixth largest gas reserve country. This country has been included in the World Bank’s list with the highest Human Development Index and high-income economy, and it is also only the Arab country which is part of the main economy of G-20.
In this post, we will tell you the interesting laws of Saudi Arabia and the amazing facts that you always wanted to know.
- In recent times, Saudi Arabia is young, 3 out of every 4 people are under 35 years of age.
- In terms of spending on the military, Saudi is ranked fourth in the world.
- 80% of workers working in Saudi Arabia are foreigners. Most of the laborers work in the oil and gas sector.
- Mecca and Medina are considered to be the most sacred in Islam. Both of them are located in Saudi Arabia where millions of Muslims visit Haj tour every year. Non-Muslims are not allowed to go here
- There is no constitution of Saudi Arabia. It emphasizes that the Holy Scriptures, the Koran, and the Prophet Muhammad is their constitution. Actually, this country runs according to the Sharia law.
- Saudi Arabia is the last country in the world, which gave women the power to vote.
- 95% area of Saudi Arabia’s desert. Here water is very precious. There is no river or lake even in the entire nation. This country also makes sea water for drinking.
- You should not be surprised if I say that there is oil cheaper then water.oil is the most produced in the world here.
- People of Saudi Arabia spend about 8 dollars a day on cigarettes.
- Saudi Arabia’s Riyadh Camel Market is the world’s largest camel market, where around 100 camels are sold every day.
- Saudi Arabia is number 4 in the death penalty countries.
- In 2012, in Saudi Arabia, it was such that men used to work in a women’s store. But now it is not so.
- There is so much reserve oil in Saudi Arabia. We can fill 4,770,897 Olympic swimming pools from him.
- Saudi Arabia has the world’s tallest building. Which is 1 kilometer high.
- Saudi Arabia is the only country where women are prohibited from driving.
- Of the total population of Saudi Arabia, 47% of the people are under 24 years of age.
- 45% of the country’s GDP depends on Saudi Arabia’s petroleum sector – which is more than the combined GDP of Iraq, Morocco, Rwanda, and Tongo.
Interesting law of Saudi Arabia
- According to Saudi Arabia law, women in Saudi Arabia have to live in the hijab. There will be no punishment for rap till then unless they have four eyewitnesses.
- Women in Saudi Arabia can not meet with stranger men and whenever She goes to a public place, then there should also be a man from the family. These laws are strictly enforced.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries in the world where there are special restrictions on the clothes of women. Here women should look only hands and eyes when they get out of the house.
- There is a strict prohibition on viewing pornography in Saudi Arabia.
- In Saudi Arabia, you can not eat sauce sandwiches
- In Saudi Arabia, you can not celebrate Valentines Day. Shopkeepers can not keep heart-shaped things at their shop throughout the day around this week.
- Liquor cannot be found in the vessel that passes over Saudi Arabia.
- Surprisingly, the whole world believes in this law.
- Non-Muslim people in Saudi Arabia do not get citizenship. No non-Muslims can even adopt their worship system.
- Can not make lesbian sex in Saudi Arabia. Death is punished for doing so.
- There is a prohibition on magic and sorcery witchcraft in Saudi Arabia. Here a special police unit works only to catch the magicians.
- Saudi Arabia is probably the world’s country where women have to get permission from their husbands to open up to bank accounts. If she does not get permission from her husband then she will not get approval.
If you know any new things about Saudi Arabia then tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you.