Interesting and fun facts about Punjab| Historical Facts8th June 2019
Punjab is India’s most recognized state. Despite being among the smallest states in the country, Punjab is ahead in the emirate.The history of Punjab is full of sacrifice, on which every Punjabi and Indian are proud.After reading history, it is known that Punjabis have given 70 percent of the sacrifice despite the low count for the country’s independence.
Amazing, History, Famous Facts About Punjab For Tourists and Kids
Here is a list of Interesting and Unknown facts about Punjab as well as In this article, you can also read some historical facts and general information about the Punjab such as facts about culture, history, government rule, total population of the Punjab State.
- Punjab was partitioned by the British in 1947. After that Punjab was once again divided and it was divided among Punjab, Himachal Pradesh,and Haryana in 1966. This state has always been the gateway for people coming from Central Asia, Greece, Afghanistan, and Iran.
- Every village in Punjab has a gurudwara. The second most prominent religion here is Hindu. Punjabi is the official language here. People here are very happy and believe in being cool and enjoy life by participating in various cultural activities. The main festivals of Punjab are Lohri, Basant, Baisakhi, and Teej.
- Chandigarh is the capital of Punjab, tourists come to see the civilization and culture of this city. The main aspects of Punjab tourism are culture and civilization.
- Sikhism emerged in Punjab in the 15th and 16th centuries. Guru Nanak Dev Ji established Sikh religion in Punjab. After that, here are nine gurus.
- The Punjabi language is ranked 10th in the most spoken languages in the world. And comes third in the most spoken language in Canada.
- Punjab was partitioned on 1 November 1966 and separating from it became a new state of Haryana.
- Most Indians believe that 70% of Punjab’s youths are drug addicts, In fact, 70% of all drug addicts in Punjab are young.
- In ancient and medieval times, most of the attacks were in Punjab.
- Because of that, you will not find anything like old nails, old temples, memorials, etc.
- Amritsar is a popular destination of Punjab, according to a report, more tourists visit Amritsar than the Taj Mahal every year.
- Punjab is at the forefront of the Road connection. In the entire state, 100% of villages are connected to the roads.
- The cruel massacre that was done by the British in Jalianwala Bagh is only a short distance from the Golden Temple Amritsar.
- Punjab’s main industry is agriculture and 84% of industries in Punjab’s total industries are just agriculture.
- Punjab is also known as the state of five rivers because Sindhu, Sutlej, Ravi, Beas, and Ghaggar flows in Punjab.
- When India became independent, the two Punjab states came together. One Punjab in Pakistan and another in India.
- There was a state named “PEPSU (Patiala and East Punjab State Union)” which was merged with Punjab on 1 November 1956.
- After the capture of Punjab, the Greeks named it PaintPotamia
- Punjab is also called the sword of India because the people here were very brave and fought with many foreign fighters, so they played an important role in the defense of India.
- Punjab’s soil is very fertile, perhaps because it is known as “the land of the golden crop”.
- Every year Punjab produces 45% wheat and 25% rice of total production in India.
- There are many Bollywood actors from Punjab lie Yash Chopra, Dharmendra, Kapil Sharma, Raj Kapoor,
- Jitendra, Amrish Puri, Vinod Khanna, Rajesh Khanna, Shammi Kapoor, etc.
- The British had captured the Punjab state in the last, and after that Punjab had been involved with freedom fighters.
- The youth of Punjab has been contributing the most in the Indian army, which is a matter of great pride for the whole of India.
- When there was a fight against the emergency in 1977, the people who played the most important role were Punjabi.
- Great Alexander fought his last fight with Punjabi Sikhs, in which Alexander’s soldiers refused to fight.
- Bhangra and Giddha are the popular and traditional dance of Punjabi, which is celebrated in the Lohri harvest season.
- And the last one is the saying of Punjabi that if your dream is to go abroad then you have become a true Punjabi, perhaps that is why Canada is their favorite place.
If you know any new things about Punjab, then definitely tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you.
HollyMelody provides you Travel news, tips, and photography from destinations all over the world. The best new hotels,vacation spots, reviews, and tips to plan a perfect getaway from HollyMelody.