Interesting and fun facts about Malta | Historical Facts6th June 2019
Amazing, History, Famous Facts About Malta For Tourists and Kids
Malta is one of Europe’s richest countries. Malta is composed of 4 islands. There are very strange things about this country. Today we are going to tell you interesting facts related to Malta.
- If we look at the history of Malta, Malta came under the occupation of Islamic areas on March 11, 1000. From 1000 to 1200 BC, that is, for 200 years, Malta was ruled by Arab people.
- Most people living here follow Christianity.
- Valletta is the capital of Malta and the spoken language is Maltese and English.
- Malta is a very small country located near Italy.
- Malta is considered to be a very ancient country. All the temples here are older than the Egyptian pyramids.
- Some people also believe that Malta was once a part of Italy, but today it is an ancient country full of beautiful scenes.
- Due to the rule of Muslims for a long time, there is considerable influence of Arabic language.
- In 1200 AD there was a lot of Muslims, but later Malta became part of Roman nation and most of the Muslims adopted Christianity and the rest of the people left this country.
- Like in Dubai and Bahrain, there is no tax in Malta.
- Not a single forest in the whole of Malta, it is a great surprise.
- Malta’s people are very fond of expensive cars, that’s why it comes to fourth place in terms of buying expensive cars across Europe.
- Even after being small, Malta is a very rich country, but per capita income is 6 times higher than India.
- The government has completely banned the girls for Abortion.
- Malta is counted among the world’s smallest countries. This is the 204th largest country and the smallest country in the European Union. But you would be surprised to know that despite being so small it is the eighth most populous country in the world. People like to be there!
- You must be surprised to know that almost half the population of Malta lives in Valta.Valeta is the capital of Malta, the population of Malta is approximately 410,000 (which includes Goosejo and Comino). About 199,000 of them live near Vallletta and around 6,400 Victoria, living in Gozo’s largest city. You may surprised to know that there are only 4 permanent residents in the comino.
- About 90% of the population here speaks English. Italian was the official language of Malta until 1934, later it was replaced by Maltese and English. The interesting thing is that more Maltese people now speak Italian, compared to 14% in 1931, 66% of the population speaks Italian now.
- Fishing boats are painted here in bright colors. On the each front side, a couple eyes are painted on them, a tradition that is from the ancient Phoenix time. These are the eyes of Osiris, which are used to protect fishing boats from evil spirits.
Facts about Ukraine
Facts about Canada
Facts about Poland
Facts about Netherlands
Facts about Germany
Facts about Denmark
Facts about Philippines
HollyMelody provides you Travel news, tips, and photography from destinations all over the world. The best new hotels,vacation spots, reviews, and tips to plan a perfect getaway from HollyMelody.