Maharashtra is a state located in the west of India, which according to the population is the second largest state of India and the third largest state according to the area. The boundaries of Maharashtra are from the Arabian Sea and the Indian State Karnataka, Telangana, Goa, Gujarat, Chhattisgarh, and Madhya Pradesh. Mumbai is the most populous city in India. Mumbai is the financial capital of Maharashtra and the cultural capital is Pune.
Amazing, History, Famous fun Facts About Maharashtra For Tourists and Kids
Here is a list of Interesting and Unknown fun facts about Maharashtra as well as In this article, you can also read some historical facts and general information about the Maharashtra such as facts about culture, history, government rule, total population of the Maharashtra State.
- Maharashtra is the largest civilized state in India, where 50% of people live in cities only and 30% of them live in Mumbai and Pune.
- Today the Lonar lake in buldhana district was made by the collision of a meteorite, which is a lake of salt water.
- Maharashtra today accounts for 25% of India’s total industrial production.
- Maharashtra’s Elephant Cave and Ellora Cave were included in UNESCO World Heritage.
- The world’s largest onion market in Nashik district of Maharashtra and almost every year the production of half of the world’s onion is done by Nashik district alone.
- Maharashtra has always been the hub of Textile Industries, in which major cities are Solapur, Ichalkaranji, Malegaon, and Bhiwandi.
- Mumbai is called “Hollywood” of India.
- Mumbai’s CSTM Railway Station is the only railway station in the country which has been included in UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- India’s first Bullet Tain is to be run between Mumbai and Ahmedabad, which is under Project Under Construction.
- The country’s largest airport is Mumbai’s CSTM Airport.
- India’s longest Sea Link Bridge is being built in Mumbai, Maharashtra, which will be 21 Km long.
- Maharashtra is a lonely state of India on which there are 2 metro cities, one in Mumbai and the other in Pune.
- Nagpur is a city which is not the capital of any state even though there is a branch of the Reserve Bank of India.
- India has the largest dame of water in Maharashtra but most of them are still dry today.
- Shivaji Maharaj did the first invention of Navy in Maharashtra.
- India’s first film was made in Maharashtra which was made by Dada Saheb Phalke in Nashik district.
- Pimpri Chinchwad municipal corporation of Pune is the richest municipal corporation in Asia.
- Navapur railway station of Maharashtra is half in Gujarat and half is in Maharashtra.
- Marathi people consider freedom twice a year. On August 15 and the other on September 17, when Maharashtra was liberated from the Nizam.
- In every house in Setpal village of Solapur district, you will be seen roaming the snake which lives with humans and till date no person has been snatched by the snake.
- Maharashtra’s border is bigger than many countries, such as Bhutan, Slovenia, Slovakia, Mongolia, Panama, Kuwait, Ireland, Oman, Fiji, Luxembourg, there are few other countries which are smaller than Maharashtra.
- The first train in Asia was run in Maharashtra, which ran between Mumbai and Thane on 16th April 1853.
- The headquarter of big companies is most in Mumbai,
- Which is Maharashtra’s largest city and the world’s fifth largest city.
- Maharashtra is called the center of Hindi films. Most film stars live in Mumbai.
- District collector’s was started by Shivaji Maharaj.
- Every day 7.5 million people travel on trains every day in Mumbai.
- Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra. Mumbai is the largest city in the country. India’s Financial and Commercial Capital. India’s economic and commercial capital is Mumbai.
- Nagpur city of Maharashtra is called Winter Capital Of Maharashtra.
- The city of Nagpur is called the sub-capital of Maharashtra.
- Nashik is called the wine capital of India!
- Jalgaon of Maharashtra is called the Banana City Of India and it is the 7th highest market in the world of banana.
- Nagpur is called Tiger Capital Of India and Tiger Gateway Of India
- Aurangabad is called Tourism Capital of Maharashtra.
- Nagpur is called Orange City and Heart Of India.
If you know any new things about Maharashtra then tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you.