Madhya Pradesh is a state of India located in the middle of India, whose capital is Bhopal and the largest city is Indore.
Due to its position on map, it is also called “the heart of India”. According to the area of Madhya Pradesh, the second largest state and the fifth largest state by population. When Chhattisgarh was part of Madhya Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh was the largest state in India.
Amazing, History, Famous Facts About Madhya Pradesh For Tourists and Kids
Here you can read incredible interesting facts about the Madhya Pradesh as well as some historical facts,culture facts and general Information about the Madhya Pradesh.
There are a total of 61 districts in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Indore is its largest district. According to the final estimates of 2011 census, the total population of Madhya Pradesh is 7,25,97,565. The literacy rate of the state is 70.6% which is 82.5% in Jabalpur. Male literacy in the state = 80.5% female literacy = 60.0%.
- Uttar Pradesh in the north of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh in the east and Rajasthan and Gujarat in the west, Maharashtra in the south.
- Madhya Pradesh was established on 1 November 1956.
- In Madhya Pradesh, the largest National Park for Tiger is “Kanha National Park” and Rudyard Kipling has written the popular novel “Jungle Book” keeping Kanha National Park in mind.
- Before 2000, Madhya Pradesh was the largest state of India, but in 2000 Chhattisgarh was separated and today, Rajasthan is the second largest state.
- Satpura is the tallest peak in Madhya Pradesh. And its height is some 1350 meters.
- Kumbh Mela is organized in four places across India, one of which is Ujjain of Madhya Pradesh, where at the end of every 12 years Kumbh Mela is organized, the other three places are Nashik, Haridwar, and Allahabad.
- Freedom fighters “Chandra Shekhar Azad” was born in Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh. His true name was Chandrasekhar Tiwari, but the people of India gave him the nickname “Azad” because of his heroism.
- Of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva, 2 Jyotirlingas are in Madhya Pradesh, the first is Mahakaleshwar of Ujjain and the second Omkareshwar.
- Madhya Pradesh is also the most tribal state in India, various types of tribals like Gond, Bhil, Kaul, Malto, Korku, Sahriya,Bhadia and Bagga also small groups live in Madhya Pradesh.
- Tansen, the father of Indian classical music, was born to a Brahman Pandey family in Behat village of Gwalior.
- In childhood, he used to scare people with the sound of animals and he becomes a great artist of classical music.
- Baiju Bawra, who defeated Tansen in the music competition, was born in the family of Brahmin Mishra in Chanderi district. In the love of a dancer, he had gone crazy, because of which his name was kept “Bawra”. Both he and Tansen had studied with Swami Haridas.
- The largest diamond mine in India is the Panna which is located in Madhya Pradesh.
- Among the popular Bollywood actors, Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, Arjun Rampal, Joni Walker, and Jaya Bachchan are all from Madhya Pradesh.
- In total, 9 National Parks is probably due to this, Madhya Pradesh is called the house of 9 National Parks.
- About one-third of Madhya Pradesh is full of tropical rivers and forests, which is between the Godavari river and Chambal river.
- The Sandipani Ashram in which Lord Krishna had studied was in Ujjain of Madhya Pradesh, where his friendship was with Sudama.
- Madhya Pradesh is number 5 in the population and is India’s second largest state in the region.
- From the river Narmada, dinosaurs and bones and eggs, very old weapons made of stones have also been found and many living beings are still being searched today.
- The center point of India is in the Karondi village, which has come to Katni district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Khajuraho’s great artistic workmanship made during the 9th and 12th centuries are famous all over the world. Whose work has happened in the time of Chandel ruler. today, tourists around the world visit to Khajuraho.
- Marathas ruled Madhya Pradesh from 1720 to 1760.
- In 1775, the British occupied most of the parts.
- Madhya Pradesh was formed in the year 1950.
- In 1956, Madhya Pradesh, together with Madhya Bharat, Vindhya Pradesh and Bhopal, became the state.
- Chhattisgarh was separated from Madhya Pradesh in November 2000.
If you know any new things about Madhya Pradesh , then definitely tell through the comments so that other people can read, thanks.