Interesting and fun facts about Gujarat | Historical Facts9th June 2019
Gujarat is a state located in the west of India.Gujarat state established on 1st May 1960. The first vegetarian outlets of Dominos and Subway companies have been opened in Gujarat.
Do you know that the history of Gujarat is almost 2000 years old and Gujarat is also known as “the land of great men”. Gujarat’s “Garba” is famous in the world. There is not only Garba in Gujarat but there are many such things here that differently identify them in the whole world.
The Gujarat state of India is also a famous tourist destination in the world. Let us know some interesting facts related to Gujarat state and Gujarati society.
Amazing, History, Famous fun Facts About Gujarat For Tourists and Kids
- “Asiatic Lion” is a subspecies of the lion. This species is only one place in Asia, which is in Gujarat’s “Gir Sanctuary”.
- The coast of Gujarat (Gujarat) is 1600 km long Which is longer than the coastline of any state of India.
- Gujarat has been a prosperous state since historical times.that’s why The British East India Company established the first factory in Surat city of Gujarat state.
- More than one-third of the world’s diamonds are Polish in Surat city of Gujarat.
- The Gandhinagar city of Gujarat is called Asia’s most greenery city.
- Gujarat is also top in milk production. Amul – Anand Milk is the largest dairy farm in co-operative Asia.
- Dandiya and Garba, which is played on the Navaratri festival in Gujarat, is famous all over the world.
- The largest port in our country is in the state of Gujarat.
- Do you know that? Kutch (which is in Gujarat state) is the largest district of India.
- People of Gujarati origin are known for their Business Skills.
- There are about 59 million people who speak Gujarati in the world, and in this sense, the Gujarati language is 26th in the world.
- Cotton production in Gujarat is very high. A third of our country cotton comes from Gujarat.
- The first state to ban Alcohol in India is Gujarat, which prohibited alcohol in the 1960s and prohibition of alcohol is also a major reason for the rise of Gujarat.
- The major tourist sites of Gujarat are the hills of Satpura, Mandvi Beach, Somnath Temple, Dwarkadhish Temple, Sun Temple of Modhera, Kutch, and Bhuj.
- The world’s largest oil refinery is located near the Jamnagar city of Gujarat state of India. This company is owned by the reliance industry.
- Gujarat comes in third place in India’s cleanest list of states. First, place Chandigarh and Mysore in second place.
- Gujarat is the only state in India where a 2200km long gas pipeline is expanded.
- Gujarat is the 3rd fastest growing state in the world, it has been exposed in the year 2010 by the world’s famous Magazine Forbes.
- The world’s largest ship breaking yard is located in Gujarat, which is located in “Alang” of Bhavnagar city.
- Gujarat is a petrochemical hub of India and Gujarat produces more than 51% of petrochemicals in India alone.
- Gandhinagar is the capital of Gujarat.
- Surat is India’s richest city, ahead of Bangalore and Madras. According to the National Council of Applied Economic Research, there are approximately 450,000 annual revenues of the people here.
- The Gujarat word is made up by the Sanskrit word Gurjar. At the time of Mughal rule, it was known as Gurjarbhoomi.
- Dakharaka is called salvation place. Where Lord Krishna lived. It is a 12,000-year-old religious place on the sea coast. Here is the sweetness of Murali in the air and the color of the peacock in the sunset.
- Gujarat has always been considered as a good investment of India because GIFT City (Gujarat International Finance Tech City) has been developed in Gujarat to promote business in Gujarat between Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar. The World Bank has given Gujarat the number one rank for easy business in India.
- Gujarat is one of the main centers of the Indus Valley.
- In the ancient metropolis of the Indus Valley, which is in the form of Lothal, Dholavira and Goal Dhoro The first port of India was established in the ancient city of Lothal. That is why Gujarat is called the Jewel of the West.
- IIM is located in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat, the best management institute in Asia.
- About 2/5 of India’s richest people are from Gujarat. India’s 5 richest people are Gujarati, including Mukesh Ambani (Reliance Industries), Dilip Sanghvi (Sun Pharma), Gautam Adani (Adani Enterprises), Azim Premji (Wipro Ltd), Palonji Mistry (Shapoorji Pallonji Group).
- Compared to the rest of the country, India’s largest coastline is near the state of Gujarat, Which belongs to the Indian Ocean.
- The name Gujarat has come from Gurjarata. Gurjar is a community. Gurujro’s relationship has been told from Suryavansh or Raghuvansh. Some scholars believe that these Aryans come from Central Asia also.
- Previously Ahmedabad used to be Pantnagar of Gujarat but in 1970, Gandhinagar was declared the Pantnagar of Gujarat.
- Gujarat has been called India’s safest state, Gujarat’s crime rate is 8.2 after 2002 and After Goa, the least crime against women in Gujarat.
- The world’s first vegetarian Subway, Pizza Hut, and Dominos were opened in Ahmedabad and most of the vegetarians in India lived in Gujarat.
- The world’s first vegetarian Subway, Pizza Hut, and Dominos were opened in Ahmedabad and most of the vegetarians in India have settled in Gujarat.
- Mahatma Gandhi was born in Porbandar, Gujarat. Who has the status of the Father of the Nation.
- Electricity is available in 18,000 villages of Gujarat that is 100$.
- The most popular source of clothes for India is cotton and 1/3 of India’s share of cotton cultivated in Gujarat.
Gujarat’s economic development records:
- 20% of Indian industrial production,
- 9% of India’s mineral production
- 22% of India’s exports,
- 24% of India’s clothing production
- 35% of India’s drug production,
- 51% of India’s petrochemical production
If you know any new things about Gujarat then tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you.
HollyMelody provides you Travel news, tips, and photography from destinations all over the world. The best new hotels,vacation spots, reviews, and tips to plan a perfect getaway from HollyMelody.