Interesting and fun facts about Chandigarh | Historical Facts10th June 2019
Chandigarh is called India’s most modern and cleanest city. There is both fun and excitement in Chandigarh, so let us know some interesting facts about the wonderful city of Chandigarh.We would certainly like to see a place which is well organized and kept well and it is a place like Chandigarh.
The city of Chandigarh, located in the northern region of India, is also the most planned area of the country. As you enter the city, you can guess its beauty. This beautiful and planned city is well known for its well-designed compositions and buildings. With these planned creations, nature and greenery have also been well planted in the city.
Amazing, History, Famous fun Facts About Chandigarh For Tourists and Kids
Here is a list of Interesting and Unknown fun facts about Chandigarh as well as In this article, you can also read some historical facts and general information about the Chandigarh such as facts about culture, history, government rule, total population of the Chandigarh State.
- Chandigarh is a Union Territory of India, which is also the capital of two Indian states, Punjab and Haryana. It is also called City Beautiful. For the representation of India’s Lok Sabha, one seat is reserved for Chandigarh.
- Lahore was the capital of Punjab before Independence. But after independence in 1947, Punjab needed a separate capital, due to which Chandigarh came into existence.
- Chandigarh, Panchkula of Haryana and Mohali of Punjab, constitutes TriCity.
- Chandigarh has got its name from Chandi Mandir and this temple is still a famous tourist destination of the city.
- Chandigarh is the city of dreams of Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister.
- Chandigarh is honored as the most lavish city of India. The plantation was an important scheme here during the development of the city. There are many species of trees and plants. The green tree is a major part of the city’s plan. According to one figure, the city has 26 flower species and 22 tree species.
- Sangol village, situated about 43 kilometers from Chandigarh, is the closest archaeological site here. Many residues of ancient Harappan culture have also been found here. Many ancient Buddhist stupas have also been found here during excavations.
- The official logo (symbol) of Chandigarh is ‘open hand’ which sends an open message of peace and reconciliation.
- The madness of the Chandigarh University election is comparable to the comparison between the assembly and the Lok Sabha elections in the youth.
- According to the study of the Government of India, Chandigarh is one of the cleanest cities in the country.
- In the Human Development Index, Chandigarh is at the top of the list of states and Union Territories of India.
- Presently Chandigarh is the capital of both Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh is the first planned city of India. It was planned by a French architect ‘Lee Carbujie’.
- Le Corbusier had concept of Chandigarh in accordance with the human body. On the lines of Head ‘Sector 1 Capital Complex, heart City Center Sector-17, open space for greenery represent lungs, 7V on the lines of the communication system and’ brain ‘ represent the educational institutions.
- The Rose Garden of Chandigarh is known as Asia’s Largest Rose Garden, you will find more than 1600 rose species in the Rose Garden. Like the Rose Garden, Rock Garden attracts people too. It is a surprise to know that the rock garden of Chandigarh is built by Nekchand using garbage.
- Together with neighboring cities Panchkula and Mohali, Chandigarh is called tri-city.
- The beautiful Sukhna Lake of Chandigarh was constructed in 1958 and it is a man-made lake.’ Sukhna Lake’ is one of the most beautiful lakes, it is 3 kilometers long and man-made.
- Rose Garden’s full name is Zakir Hussain Rose Garden. It is Asia’s largest flower garden. More than a thousand species of rose plants are found here.
- People from different parts of the country have come to Chandigarh, so here is a mix of culture and tradition.
- According to a survey, those living in Chandigarh live a happier life than the people living in other states of India.
- In the world, Chandigarh is called ‘City Beautiful’ due to its beauty and greenery.
- In Chandigarh and Panchkula sectors you will not get Sector 13 because there is no Sector 13 in Chandigarh, behind it is a superstitious belief that 13 is not auspicious.
If you know any new things about Chandigarh then tell through the comments so that other people can also read, thank you.
HollyMelody provides you Travel news, tips, and photography from destinations all over the world. The best new hotels,vacation spots, reviews, and tips to plan a perfect getaway from HollyMelody.