A small state of America Alaska was once a part of Russia. Alaska was bought by the US at very cheap prices. Today we are going to tell you the interesting facts related to the Alaska country. Alaska is a state in America, whose beauty attracts the whole world.
Amazing, History, Famous Fun Facts About Alaska For Tourists and Kids
Located in the northwest of the North American continent, Alaska is a state of the Americas. America purchased Alaska from the Russian empire on 30 March 1867. In 1959, it became the 49th state of the United States.
Here is a list of Interesting and Unknown and omg facts about Alaska as well as In this article, you can also read some historical facts and general information about the Alaska such as facts about culture, history, government rule, total population of the Alaska.
- The capital of Alaska is “Juneau”.
- Alaska’s currency is “American Dollar” and spoken language is “Tsimshianic” here.
- Alaska’s area is 665,384 km².
- The US had bought Alaska for only $ 7 million in 1867.
- There is also a place in Alaska where pizza delivery is done by ship.
- Once in Alaska, a cat was made a mayor.
- In the desert of Alaska,800 feet high sand can be seen.
- The highest Rape in America is in Alaska.
- 20% of the oil used by America is produced from Alaska.
- More than 5000 earthquakes occur every year in Alaska.
- Alaska also has some parts where the sun appears for 84 days.
- After 1975, the ban was removed from the drugs.
- During the Second World War, the Japanese army also attacked Alaska. It is believed that American people were killed in Alaska more than Pearl Harbor.
- On April 1, 1974, black smoke fluttered near a volcano in Alaska. Seeing this, when the Coast Guard approached the smoke, it was seen that 70 tires were burning and “April fool” was written on Ice.
- Russia is only 2 miles away from Alaska’s closest point.
- It is impossible to reach the capital of Alaska by road.
- Price of US Central Park and Alaska price are equal.
- The idea of selling Alaska came in the mind of Soviet Union’s Foreign Minister Alexander Mikhailovich Gorchakov.
- It is said that the then President of the United States, Erdu Johnson, persuaded Gorchakov to do so. After this, Gorchakov, Alexander II of Russia Placed this proposal in front of him and persuaded him to sell Alaska.
- Although the people of Russia were against it. Regardless, its jar Alexander signed on 30 March 1867 the documents selling Alaska.
- Not only this, when Russia had to take over the Crimea in 2014. After this, the Famous Singer Nikolay Vyacheslavovich of Russia sang a song in which he had said that Russian President Vladimir Putin would one day take Alaska from America.
- In fact, the Soviet Union of the Russian Empire, i.e., feared that America could occupy it with the help of Britain on the war.
- At this time, the economic situation of the Soviet Union was not well, and Alaska did not have special significance for the Soviet Union.
- Apart from this, the second biggest reason was to keep the border of Russia safe.Because Alaska was a big area,
- Where the deployment of troops was not possible in large numbers.
- Spread over 1,717,856 km, Alaska is no less than any treasure for America.
- There is a large amount of natural gas and petroleum products. There are several oil factories. America gets 20 percent of the country’s gasoline from Only Alaska.
- In the 1950s, the United States also discovered gold and diamond mines in Alaska. Gold is also extracted in large quantities from here.
- Phishing and tourism is also a great source of income. Millions of tourists arrive here every year.
- Approximately half of Alaska’s population lives in cities (about 6,83,478). Because most parts of Alaska are surrounded by snow and mountains.
- According to the area, Alaska is the largest state in 50 states of the United States.
- Canada in the east, the Arctic Ocean in the north, the Pacific Ocean in the south-west and Russia in the west are located.