Welcome to Spring Hill, FL, the charming city located in the heart of the Nature Coast region in Florida. This city is known for its small-town charm, countryside scenery, and abundance of outdoor activities.
From its historic landmark sites like the popular Weeki Wachee Springs State Park to its endless array of golf courses, fishing spots, and waterfront opportunities, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in Spring Hill. Read on to discover more about why this city is so well-known and loved by locals and visitors alike.
Spring Hill, Florida is an unincorporated community located in Hernando County, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Here are some things that Spring Hill is known for:
Overall, Spring Hill is known for its natural beauty, the Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, its retirement community, golf courses, and its proximity to the Gulf Coast beaches.
1. The Town of Spring Hill is located in Hernando County, Florida and is sometimes referred to as “Florida’s Nature Coast.”
2. Spring Hill was one of the first planned communities in Florida and gained a reputation as a popular retirement area.
3. The local economy of Spring Hill is largely supported by manufacturing and construction.
4. Spring Hill is home to several natural springs and is known for its abundance of water activities.
5. Due to its location in the Gulf Coast region, Spring Hill has a warm weather year-round, making it an ideal place for outdoor activities.
6. Spring Hill is home to some of the best country club golf courses in the state.
7. Spring Hill is known for its numerous area events, such as the Spring Hill Lights Festival and the Annual Spring Hill Fine Arts Festival.
8. Spring Hill is home to the US Coast Guard Auxiliary, a volunteer organization that provides services and support for America’s ports, waterways, and natural resources.
9. Spring Hill is home to a variety of wildlife, from birds and turtles to deer and even alligators.
10. Spring Hill is located only about an hour away from both Tampa and Orlando, giving its citizens a unique opportunity to experience both cities without having to travel too far.
Spring Hill is a census-designated place (CDP) located in Hernando County, Florida, United States. It is the largest community in Hernando County both in size and population. At the 2010 census, the CDP population was 98,621. It is an affluent bedroom community located within the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The first settlement in the area was a Jesuit mission in 1599. Later, a community was established around the spring-fed pond known as Little Rock-Avon Park. The area of Spring Hill began to grow in the mid-1800s. The first residential subdivision was built in the 1970s and named Spring Hill. Since then, Spring Hill has grown steadily.
By the early 2000s, many new businesses and housing developments began to spring up. Today, it is known for its quiet neighborhoods, excellent public schools, and diverse selection of local parks and attractions. The area is also home to multiple medical facilities and centers of higher education, including Pasco-Hernando State College and University of South Florida. It is a popular destination for retirees, who are drawn to its golf courses, fishing charters, and other recreational activities.
Spring Hill is located at the intersection of US 19 and I-75, and is around a 30-minute drive to Tampa and St. Petersburg.
16 Oct, 2023
5 Oct, 2023
12 Sep, 2023
8 Sep, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023
18 Aug, 2023